Steps to install on Drupal 7 | Steps to install on Drupal 6
- Step 1 - Download the DrupalChat module from http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/drupalchat-6.x-2.0-beta20.tar.gz (direct download link) and save it to your modules(sites/all/modules) folder.
- Step 2 - Enable only DrupalChat module at admin/build/modules as shown below.
- Step 3 - Set the access drupalchat permission for authenticated users at admin/user/permissions.
Note - You also need to download and enable session_api module in order to enable chat for anonymous users.
- Step 4 - Download jQuery_update module and copy it to sites/all/modules. Enable the module at admin/build/modules.
- Step 5 - Next, you need to generate an API key in order to use our servers securely with your website. To do so go to https://iflychat.com and signup to create a new account.
- Step 6 - Now, go to Dashboard and Generate a new API key for your domain name.
- Step 7 - Copy the newly generated API key.
- Step 8 - Next, go to admin/settings/drupalchat (on your website) in order to configure DrupalChat module. Select iFlyChat Servers as the polling method. This will allow your website to use our servers for processing chat requests.
- Step 8 - Paste the API key in your website's DrupalChat configuration page.
- Click on Save. That's it!