Steps to install chat on Joomla 2.5
- Step 1: Download iFlyChat package from here - https://iflychat.com/downloads/joomla-2-5/pkg_iflychat_1.0.9.zip.
- Step 2: Go to Extension Manager within Administration section.
- Step 3: Next, upload the package zip file and install it.
- Step 4: Next, you need to generate an API key in order to use our servers securely with your website. To do so go to https://iflychat.com and signup to create a new account.
- Step 5: Now, go to Dashboard and Generate a new API key for your domain name.
- Step 6: Copy the newly generated API key.
- Step 7: Navigate back to your Joomla Administration page. Go to Component -> iFlyChat.
- Step 8: Paste the API key as shown below and then click on Save & Close.
- Step 9: Go to Module Manager.
- Step 10: Open iFlyChat module from the list.
Step 11: Change the following settings (shown below):
- Show Title - Hide
- Position - Select an appropriate position (like footer - positon-7)
- Status - Published
- Module Assignment - On all pages
- Step 12: Click on Save & Close. That's it! You are good to go.
- Optional: To Embed Chatroom in a Joomla page, click here.